Guest blogging is a great way to get your content in front of new readers, build links and grow your audience. But you may not know where to start. How to write good guest articles? And where to find sites that will actually publish them? Let’s dive into it!
What Guest Blogging Is All About
Guest blogging is when you write an article for another person’s blog or website. In return, you typically get to include a link back to your own site (or sites) in your author bio. It’s a great way to build relationships with other bloggers, grow your audience, and get links back to your site.
Why You Should Be Guest Blogging
If you’re looking to grow your blog or website, guest blogging is a great way to do it. Getting your content in front of new readers is the main benefit. When you write guest articles for a website with a huge following, you can get a lot of new readers interested in your content.
You can also build relationships with other bloggers in your niche and guest blog for each other. In addition, writing guest posts can help you build high-quality backlinks to your site, which is great for search engine optimization (SEO) and getting more organic traffic.
Can Anyone Become a Guest Blogger?
The short answer is: no. Guest blogging has become so popular in content marketing that many website owners are now very selective about who they allow to write for their site. They want guest bloggers who are well-known in their niche and have a large following.
The good news is that if you’re just starting out, you can still write guest articles that will get published. You just have to work a little harder at it. If your name isn’t what stands out from the sea of guest blog pitches, focus on writing great content that will make the website owner want to publish it regardless. You’ll need a mixture of talent, luck, and insight into what the website owner is looking for.
How to Find Guest Posting Sites?
One of the best ways to find guest posting sites is to Google it. Just type in your niche or keyword + “guest post” or “write for us,” and you’ll find a ton of sites that advertise the fact that they’re looking for guest bloggers. You can also use social media – try searching Twitter for guest post opportunities.
Another great way is to look at the guest articles that have already been published on your favorite websites. Even if they don’t openly advertise that they’re looking for guest bloggers, you can still contact the website owner and pitch them an article idea.
How to Write Good Guest Articles?
It’s not enough to just write an article and pitch it to every website that accepts guest posts. You need to make sure your guest article is high quality and relevant to the site you’re pitching it to. Here are a few tips on how to write a great guest article:
- Write something unique and interesting that will capture the attention of the site’s readers. Has there been a great discovery that the site hasn’t covered yet? Or maybe you can offer a new take on an old topic?
- Make sure your guest article is well-written and free of spelling and grammatical errors. This seems like a no-brainer, but you’ll be surprised how many pitches are full of errors.
- Include a catchy headline that will make people want to read your article. That’s what niche websites are looking for – something that will draw more readers to their site.
- Do your research and make sure your guest article is relevant to the site you’re pitching it to. If they have their own guest post guidelines for style, tone of voice, and topic selection, be sure to follow them to a T.
- Write a piece that you would want to read yourself. This is the best way to test if your guest article is good enough to be published.
By following these tips, you’re sure to write a great guest article that will get accepted by the website you pitch it to. And if you’re rejected over and over, don’t get discouraged – just keep trying until you find the right fit. Remember that the editors are going over dozens, if not hundreds, of guest article pitches every day, so it’s nothing personal. They’re just looking for something that will click with their readers.
Have you ever written guest articles? What tips would you add? Let us know in the comments!